Founded with the intention to improve the opportunity for investment and insurance programs in financial institutions, SPF is a broker dealer committed to maintaining our leadership in this marketplace. By integrating core banking and brokerage capabilities we have added value for clients and created solutions that enable bank management to grow the program and non-interest income while serving the needs of clients.
The following is a listing of significant SPF milestones:
- We launch BuildMyProfile™, a customizable and secure online profiling tool for advisors and members
- BuildMyProfile™ wins BISA Technology Innovation Award, our second such award
- SPF/CFS rank as #3 Top Healthiest Mid-size Company in San Diego
- Biggest Broker-Dealers by Financial Planning magazine: we rank #30
- Mobile Scanning App for advisors wins BISA Tech Innovation Award.
- SPF Executive Vice President Kevin Mummau is inducted into BISA Circle of Excellence.
- SPF launches client-facing version of award-winning Mobile Scanning App.
- Top Third Party Marketers by Bank Investment Consultant: CFS/SPF ranks #4.
- SPF and CFS launch expansive new online Training Center with live and interactive or archived recordings available 24/7.
- We rank within top five of San Diego’s Healthiest Mid-Sized Companies by San Diego Business Journal.
- Biggest Broker-Dealers by Financial Planning magazine: SPF/CFS ranks #35.
- SPF and CFS are named to the 2014 San Diego Best Places to Work list by San Diego Business Journal and Best Companies Group.
- For the first time, an SPF advisor is named to Bank Investment Consultant's Top 50 Reps list
- Top 10 Third Party Marketers by Bank Investment Consultant: CFS/SPF ranked #5 out of 10 companies.
- SPF launched Mobile Scanning App to increase efficiencies for advisors.
- SPF unveiled new website to support increased capabilities.
- SPF rebranded and enhanced their institutional trading program as Institutional Portfolio Solutions (IPS). SPF introduced an onboarding program to help new investment advisors achieve success faster.
- We implemented a customer service concierge desk operated by highly experienced employees to better support investment program growth.
- SPF established enhanced training programs for existing advisors to help them expand the breadth and depth of their service offering.
- SPF moved to larger facilities to support growth and increase efficiencies. Expanded to new 4.31 acre campus at 10150 Meanley Drive, San Diego, CA 92131.
- SPF set an attendance record in hosting 14th annual conference for more than 500 attendees, including reps, program managers and C-level executives.
- SPF introduced fully integrated performance reporting and portfolio evaluation tools in dataVISION through a partnership with Albridge, the industry leader in performance technology.
- SPF launched remote check scanning capabilities for deposits into brokerage accounts.
- We implemented Google Map integration into dataVISION's contact management system.
- SPF added health savings account (HSA) automation.
- SPF launched eVISION®, an electronic trading platform which allows customers to place their own stock, option and mutual fund transactions at discounted commission rates.
- Sorrento Pacific Financial’s East Coast office opened in Winston-Salem, North Carolina to support our expanding client list on the East Coast.
- SPF introduced the 401K My Way™, a turnkey online 401(k) plan that combines secure Internet technology with personal service and educational tools so bank customers can enjoy greater choice and convenience.
- SPF launched the Financial Management Center (FMC), a client-facing, integrated planning tool that is accessed via a link on a bank’s website and includes a series of questions used to generate a high level financial “snapshot” of where clients stand with regards to their investment goals.
- As Sorrento Pacific Financial became a stronger resource for community banks, it contracted a strategic alliance with the ICBA (Independent Community Bankers of America) for several years.
- Advanced Financial Solutions formed, and later changed its name to Sorrento Pacific Financial.